Last January I had the delicious pleasure of photographing food and wine pairings at renown Spiaggia restaurant on North Michigan Avenue for Wine & Spirits magazine. Since its inception, Spiaggia has garnered a smorgasbord of awards for its food, wine selection, and chefs, including James Beard awards and a Michelin star. In addition to the food and wine pairings, I photographed the interior space, Chef Chris Marchino, and Sommelier and Beverage Director Rachel Lowe.
Category Archives: Food and drink photos Chicago
An apartment rental agency located in the trendy/funky/arty neighborhood of Wicker Park needed a visual representation of the high points of the immediate area to assist them in renting local properties. They contacted me to produce a 20-foot wide mural of the nearby attractions. The dozens of images in this collage include churches, school, restaurants, clubs, signage, nightlife, public spaces, and people simply enjoying the vibrant neighborhood.
Chicago has always been known as a city where you can find an abundance of great steaks, but don’t think meat lovers are in any way deprived should they be outside the Windy City. If you are ever in the Detroit area, you might want to head toward the upscale neighborhood of Birmingham and check out Cameron’s Steakhouse. I was there on assignment recently and I found it hard to concentrate on my work with all the incredible food to indulge in. The fresh oysters, fine wine, succulent salmon, and of course steaks galore. Cameron’s is an old-school, classy steak joint, the kind of place you might expect Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack to have their own private booth. I don’t often tell clients that I will “work for food”, but after this job I was thinking of reconsidering that policy.
Located in Chicago’s Greektown, Athena has been serving tasty Greek food (“cuisine” might be too extreme) for 17 years. The enclosed patio is one of the biggest attractions, offering a bright and cozy environment in the dead of winter, or a cool respite on those hot summer days, all with a view of Chicago’s skyline. I had the pleasure of photographing Athena recently, and it offered such a nice range of photo possibilities from the warm interior, the colorful central bar, to the cocktails and delicious Greek dishes. The fried calamari will blow you away–best I’ve ever tasted. OPAH !!!
Over the course of three days in June, I had the pleasure of photographing 98 Jim Beam drinks for the Jim Beam web site. Some of these drink recipes were pretty incredible–drinks for every occasion, mood and season. All photos were taken at the Barrelhouse Flat bar in Lincoln Park. Cheers.
- North 680 Apartments
- The Homestead Hotel in Evanston
- The “Grand Tour” Rolls Through Chicago
- Video Display at Northwestern Univ.
- Chicago’s Victorian Heritage
- Unofficial Cubs Museum
- Cover photo shoot for Orthodontic Products
- New architecture photography
- Tackling the Group Photo
- Lakeshore Recycling Opens New Facility
- Writing at the speed of sound
- There’s more to Christmas than eggnog
- Chicago’s Big Dig
- Ballyea Jewelry Designs
- Trump Int’l Tower interior design
- Nia Restaurant
- Spiaggia food and wine pairings for Wine & Spirits magazine
- The Joys of Industrial Photography
- Wicker Park Collage
- Physical Therapy Clinic
- Revival Social Club
- Fulton Street Market
- Transwestern Commercial Real Estate
- Luxury Vacation Rental in Chicago
- Cameron’s Steakhouse, a cut above
- ShamROCK Chicago Going Green
- Plumbing Installation in Plainfield and Chicago
- Chicago’s Athena Greek Restaurant
- National Shakespeare Competition
- Jim Beam Drinks
- Optima Chicago Center
- Lisa Kendall Jewelry Designs
- Chicago Urban Farms
- Dancers Promote Non-Violence
- Chicago Auto Show
Subscribe to my blog via email