Tag Archives: Chicago professional photographer
The Modern Wing of the venerable Art Institute of Chicago opened three years ago and has been an unqualified hit among art lovers and tourists alike–not that these two groups are mutually exclusive, but… This museum is home to 20th and 21th-century art plus the world-renowned collections of modern European painting and sculpture, contemporary art, architecture and design, and photography. In this photo we see the museum’s popular “Yoga and Picasso” class held on Tuesday mornings. Most people are not aware that Pablo was a yoga enthusiast, often cited as the inspiration for his Blue Period. Next month the museum will feature “Cooking with Matisse”–sure to be a big hit.
The Midway Plaisance is a mile-long green belt bisecting the University of Chicago campus. This area was adjacent to the World’s Colombian Exposition of 1893–if you read “Devil in the White City” you know all about this area. The original Ferris Wheel might have been located exactly where this photo was taken. Today, this is the world’s best place for people watching of Nobel Prize winners. Hyde Park is the part of Chicago where I live as well as my friend Barack Obama.
Crown Fountain is a fun place to hang out. Where else can you be drenched by a powerful stream of water bursting from a giant pair of video lips while admiring the stunning architecture along south Michigan Avenue? These teens weren’t admiring the historic architecture, they were just chillin (literally) on a hot summer day. Now we know where all the students were during the recent public school strike.
Recently had a two-day shoot for the American Dietetic Association to illustrate various aspects of food safety. Models, make-up, food stylist, nice locations–it all added up to a fun and stress-free photo shoot. I also learned some important lessons about proper food preparation and storage: don’t store eggs in the egg compartment in the fridge; don‘t turn fried chicken with your fingers; and don’t eat pork sushi.
As a photographer, the variety of my work is usually dependent on the needs and whims of my clients. This past month is a prime example of the wide range of assignments I get on a regular basis. I recently had the privilege of photographing the following celebrities: “Jersey Shore” superstar Snooki; Igor Shuvalov, Deputy Prime Minister of Russia; and MacGoogle and MacDuff, my two famous Airedale terriers. I don’t know what the next month will bring, but I will keep you posted.
- The Homestead Hotel in Evanston
- The “Grand Tour” Rolls Through Chicago
- Video Display at Northwestern Univ.
- Chicago’s Victorian Heritage
- Unofficial Cubs Museum
- Cover photo shoot for Orthodontic Products
- New architecture photography
- Tackling the Group Photo
- Lakeshore Recycling Opens New Facility
- Writing at the speed of sound
- There’s more to Christmas than eggnog
- Chicago’s Big Dig
- Ballyea Jewelry Designs
- Trump Int’l Tower interior design
- Nia Restaurant
- Spiaggia food and wine pairings for Wine & Spirits magazine
- The Joys of Industrial Photography
- Wicker Park Collage
- Physical Therapy Clinic
- Revival Social Club
- Fulton Street Market
- Transwestern Commercial Real Estate
- Luxury Vacation Rental in Chicago
- Cameron’s Steakhouse, a cut above
- ShamROCK Chicago Going Green
- Plumbing Installation in Plainfield and Chicago
- Chicago’s Athena Greek Restaurant
- National Shakespeare Competition
- Jim Beam Drinks
- Optima Chicago Center
- Lisa Kendall Jewelry Designs
- Chicago Urban Farms
- Dancers Promote Non-Violence
- Chicago Auto Show
- University of Chicago
Subscribe to my blog via email